Gracious welcome to all brothers and sisters.. May you all recieves blessings here ^^ AMEEN...

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Sun and Water

Bismillah..

I went to see my old friend from school over the weekend and we had a little or should I say very big conversation. She was saying she's a sun; how a sun is so hot and unbearable - how she is so unfit to be anywhere close to me and our other friends. Then she says sun is too shining and doesn't need anything - same as her, she don't need any friends to live this life.

I thought for a while, wondering and thinking how could she have seen our friendship like this. Then an idea came up to me so I said to her making me and all her other friends as water. I said water is overlooking the sun throughout the day and night
.

It's smooth and calmness can be reassuring when theres trouble around. Water is there to comfort and cool you down. Water is there when you need a reason to live. Water is the ESSENTIAL MATERIAL for you to live. Without water for 3 days, that's the end of your life.. Without food for a week you can still survive.. I waited for what she could answer..

She closed her eyes and look at me. For however many minutes she stood and stared. Then slowly but clearly she said;

'The sun will kill the living if its too hot, it doesn't bring life and hope. The sun is too dangerous. It can danger the ones close around it.' Silence..


I sat there wondering what she meant. Then the thought hit me. She feels she's gonna harm us [me and our friends], she think that it's no use for us to be friends with her. She is too fragile that she's afraid of worrying and troubling those around. I smiled and look at her. Deep down through her eyes I could see she is scared and alone. I took her hand and said;

--'And We sent down from the sky water (rain) in (due) measure and We gave it lodging in the earth...'-- [AlMu'minun23 Verse18]
Water brings hope and life. When its drying, the rain will wet the place and make it able to live. Rain come and livens the soil and lives. The leaves becomes greener. The faces becomes happier. Water can bring you back from sleep. Water also can freshens you up and cheer your moods. No matter how hot it is, when there's presence of water, there's a chance to live. No matter how hard it seems, no matter how hot it'll be, as long as there's water, everything have chances. Chances to move on and live.

She sighed with tears in her eyes. She return my grip and said;

'Well.. both water and sun is needed for plants to grow, so that people and animals could live. Both water and sun need to be presence so chances to live and survive will increase. Together, we are needed so that the plants could photosynthesise-make food and so that all living things could live. We are important for the future of this world.'
I smiled.. I hugged her and embrace Him for this friendship. 'Oh Lord, bless my friend as you bless Abu Bakr, The Messenger's companion. Streghthen our bonds. And lead us towards You.'

I understand now. Life wouldn't be alive without both sun and water. Together we help others to live. Together we'll show the right path by His mercy insyaAllah.

~Sanctity of the Heart is the Purity of the Soul~
Ukhti Jannah

No comments:

Post a Comment