Gracious welcome to all brothers and sisters.. May you all recieves blessings here ^^ AMEEN...

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Scolding.. to teach or to let the anger out?

Bismillah..

A few days ago. I was scolded by an auntie living down the road from my school. Why did I get scold? Well.. its a long story.

A month ago, I went to buy ice creams from this auntie and she offered my friend and I a bucket of sargon (its sweet powdered coconut) to sell at the hostel. There's 60 mini packs inside which cost 20 cent each. We didn't think far and we took the offer. We tried to sold it but it didn't gone well. We soon forgot about it as we have exams coming near and got busier each day.

Well.. I'll shorten the story. On the last day before the term holiday, we were called upon by the auntie to return her bucket and give her the money. We went to her house and knocked. Nobody answered. We tried again twice, yet no-one answered. So we went to the office and ask her son to call her phone number and confined her that we are here to return her things.

When she opened the door, the look on her face just scares me. I never thought she was so mad. She scold us about our responsibility, about working for islam, about finding donations for the school and it was just unbelievable. That was the first time ever, I was scold like that. A few minutes passed by and suddenly my friend fainted in front of me. I got panicked a little and carried her inside the house. The auntie serves us hot drinks with biscuits and calm us down. This was very touching for me.. Imagine after scolding someone and then serving them hot water. The mood relaxed and the room feels much nicer.

She sooth us by telling the future; what the school will become, and what we will do. She talk calmly in between laughters and jokes. I felt better and just wanted to cry. I hold my tears. Then I know that sometimes, when people get angry at you and scold you, its not because they hate you or loathe you. They wanted to give you a lesson.

I realised from this encounter that we could never take anything slightly. We should be serious in whatever we do and do it by heart. I'm really thankful for this to happened. It has teaches me many things.

Allah states in the Quran suratul Baqarah verse 216:
'... it may be that you dislike a thing which is good for you and that you like a thing which is bad for you, Allah knows but you do not know.'

May Allah guide us all.

~Sanctity of the Heart is the Purity of the Soul~
Ukhti Jannah

No comments:

Post a Comment